- Improving the availability of analytics and understanding of the analysis of digital health data at the policy level are essential to ensure that better and improved strategic decisions are made.
- Allows for optimizing of scarce resources; bring greater efficiencies and development of an integrated and responsive healthcare system.
- Technology is helping to deliver individualised and personalised treatments and care through patient centric solutions intended to help patients take responsibility for their own health and meet needs at different stages of their healthcare journey.
- Challenges include concerns over privacy and security of patient’s health and medical information, lack of regulatory frameworks or guidelines, capacity, clinical leadership and accessibility issues for those who are technologically illiterate, lack access to electronic devices, internet and electricity.
- It may not benefit regions with poor internet connectivity or coverage gaps, those in the lower income bracket or living in remote areas.
Download publication (PDF)